Interested in joining DG2? We are looking to hire a Landscape Architect 1
Job Title: Landscape Architect 1
Supervisor: Ms. Kristy DeGuire (President)
DG2 Design was established in March of 2011 by Kristy DeGuire. The designers at DG2 have successfully integrated over 80 years of design experience into a Landscape Architecture firm that has a passion for nature and values the client’s ideals and needs. With a history of corporate, municipal, park master-planning and greenway planning experience, we strive to connect people to nature with every project. DG2 approaches each project individually, and excels to create unique and functional solutions. DG2 Design is currently licensed in Missouri and is a certified WBE.
Job Summary: Landscape Architect 1 uses technical and cultural knowledge to assist in designing and planning the land areas such as recreational facilities, commercial, industrial, and residential sites to ensure the functionality and harmony with the natural environment.
1. Participate in meetings with clients, engineer personnel and/or architects to understand
clients’ specific design requirement, document and organize meeting notes for team discussion and design reference and follow-up with clients for design feedback.
2. Conduct in-person site inspection such as soil sampling, tree inventory and drainage,
analyze the data of the site condition such as location maps, observation maps and tree
inventory plans and visualize the data and information to images/drawings with
AutoCAD, ArcGIS and Adobe Creative Suite.
3. Prepare and present clients with graphic design representation such as the base maps utilizing
AutoCAD and ArcGIS, model design and perspective renderings using AutoCAD,
Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp (3D modeling tool) and Vray or Enscape to create sections and perspectives for a complete understanding of the whole concept and make modifications.
4. Create sustainable landscape design that minimize environmental pressure to the
ecosystem by storm water management, green roofs, native planting, restoration and
conservation and design green infrastructure to integrate water runoff from impervious
surface into recycle system or designated water retention by visiting and analyzing the site condition (soil type and water flow) to find out the appropriate solution for the specific site/project, design process and client’s preference.
5. Prepare and present the clients with the deliverables including construction
details for installers to build the project, research and selection of the appropriate sustainable materials and plantings for specific site to minimize the disruption to environment, and providing cost estimates and construction documents such as plans and specifications by AutoCAD and modify the deliverables based on clients’ feedback.
6. Coordinate with partners and contractors such as architects, engineers and contractors to review and return the submittals for product sheets or samples of materials, revise or change the drawings based on requests from the clients or the contractors, punch the built site for a final review, monitor the schedule and process of construction to ensure the completion of the project.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture
- Proficient in AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp (3D modeling tool) and Vray/ Enscape, Cost Estimate and Construction Documents.
Mail Resume to DG2 Design, 4835 MO-109, Suite 102, Eureka, MO 63025.