Saint Louis, MO
4340 Duncan in the Cortex Innovation District was originally constructed in 1930, the building housed the innovative printing presses for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
DG2 Design worked with the team to bring this historic building back to life, transforming it into an important and strategic component of the Cortex Innovation Community. After a major renovation over the course of 18 months, made possible by developer BOBB, LLC (an affiliate of Washington University in St. Louis,) the building is now anchored by BioSTL and its two-story BioGenerator Labs, and is also home to BioGenerator graduates Confluence Discovery Technologies and Arch Oncology.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, 4340 Duncan Avenue was built in 1930 to house a state-of-the-art printing facility for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. The space has been reimagined with innovation once again at its core. DG2 Design teamed with the Architect HOK; Tarlton served as the construction manager.
DG2 Design maintained the historical character of the site while connecting the user to the streetscape and nature. Providing a deck on the east and west side of the building enables users to gather outside for meetings or step out of the lab and take a quick coffee break.